Table of Contents
Build a simple static website with Microsoft Sway and host it at your own custom domain
Sometimes all you need is just a simple static web page to publish some instructions, create a landing page, or share a collection of designs.
If a simple static page with clear information is all you need, then Microsoft Sway is the perfect tool. It offers an easy, no-code way to build great looking web pages.
Advantages of a Microsoft Sway page:
- Easy to create a static web page
- Beautiful templates and an easy way to alter the design
- Does not require any development or deployment.
- Videos, documents can be embedded easily
- Can easily be published to the web
There are some disadvantages, too:
- The domain is too generic: sway.office.com. It might look suspicious to some users.
- When you publish your page it includes the Microsoft branding. This might distract from your business or personal brand you want to reflect on the page.
- Maybe there is a way to use your own custom domain for your Microsoft Sway page?
Now you can with Cloakist!
Add a custom domain for Microsoft Sway in 3 simple steps
Using Cloakist allows you to publish you Microsoft Sway page to your custom website.
For example, let's say this is your Sway page: sway.office.com/ZNczBBhJ2aJt7UTR
And this is the custom domain where you want to host it: guide.indiedemos.com
Step 1: Sign Up
- Go to https://cloak.ist/sway
Step 2: Configure
- Enter your Sway Page and your custom domain
Step 3: Connect
- Follow instructions to create the DNS settings
- (this will link your domain to your Sway page)
And you're done!
Now your Microsoft Sway page will be available from the custom domain you specified.
But how can Microsoft Sway be used to acquire new customers or leads?
- Visual Brand Storytelling Microsoft Sway enables you to visually express your brand story that directly appeals to your target audience. You can showcase your brand, its products and services, and the benefits offered to customers. By creating visually-rich and engaging content, you can attract the attention of new customers who are interested in your brand.
- Interactive Presentation Microsoft Sway allows you to create interactive presentations that can be shared with potential clients and investors. You can add multimedia components, such as videos, images, and audio, to make your presentation more engaging and informative. By sharing your presentation with your target audience, you can generate interest in your brand and products, and potentially turn leads into customers.
- Market Research Microsoft Sway can also be a useful tool for conducting market research. You can create surveys and questionnaires to gather feedback from your target audience. By analyzing the data obtained through these surveys, you can gain insights into customer preferences, which can help you tailor your marketing strategies to reach potential customers more effectively.
Sway is an easy, no-code solution for simple, visually appealing web pages, that can be created and updated in no time and shared easily. With the help of Cloakist you can make these pages part of your branded website.
Get started now and Try Cloakist for free (no credit card required)